Tuesday, April 29, 2008

kill me

what an unproductive day. weeks seem to be getting longer and work only keeps growing. i spent most of the day at the library trying desperately to come up with a research topic for my anthropology class. of course not really getting anywhere. i was suppose to go to a workout session with my friend that of course also i decide to bail on.

i finally found a semi-decent bag for my laptop...

Coffee stains seeped on paper bits
Letters of red ink scribbled in
Never was anything too coherent
But this red ink was clear as grit

Paper bits waited through silence
Words then flew all shapes and sizes
The light in the window fades to black
But this red ink stays all unblemished

As the days become years
As starched white turns yellow
These edges deteriorated with every stumble
This red ink still states truth of love

The day came when red ink was condemned
Ripped and marred and stripped of meaning
Red ink was blotted and unwritten
Stolen away from its lovely destination

But you see red ink was more than a story
It was beautiful truth left out for prey
That imperfect coffee stained work
It was love unforgiven

2 comments:

Sammie said...

i like the outfit, and the poem.

Unknown said...

Ah, I just stumbled across your blog from the teenvogue forums, and I love your style!

oh an I don't know if it's too late but in my anthropology class I just wrote a 10 page paper on the Gypsies and it was a good/interesting topic, haha hope that helps